Sunday, November 25, 2012

No one should stand between you and God:-God,incidentally,is much in demand and does not need any marketing.Then how do you get to be the agency that delivers God Its simple.You make a temple and regulate it!


http://m.gmgrd.co.uk/res/441.$plit/C_71_article_1456903_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg?25%2F08%2F2011%2009%3A22%3A51%3A000

A God who has different rules for different people is not your God.Suffering does not take you to God because that is the ultimate fallacy 

My films were not doing well at the time,and my mother called an astrologer home.She said he knew his business well and would have ways to sort my present out,to make for a better future.Desperate times call for desperate measures,and in came Mr Astrologer.He told me shani was the problem.and suggested I should go to the temple every Saturday to offer oil and kala urad.I nodded.It seemed like an easy recipe to sort life out.

Saturday at the temple I was.In all sincerity,I made the offering.I stretched my hand out to touch the idol to feel sufficiently blessed,when the pujari pushed my hand aside quite rudely,I must add.What the hell,I thought and said as much.The pujari told me that touching the idol was not allowed.I protested and asked him,in that case why was he allowed He simply said that he was allowed.Who allowed him End of conversation,as far as he was concerned but my heart was ablaze.

It took me a while to figure this out,but here is a pretty straightforward principle: any God that is regulated by another person is not your God.

This hullabaloo is not against any idol or temple,but as I stated,just against the Regulation of God,which also makes me think whether certain interested parties had taken it upon themselves to market God.



What exactly is marketing Simply put,marketing is the concentrated design by which you make an idea or a product seem invaluable and create a need within people to crave for it.The next step is to literally step in and become the agency that delivers the thing you crave the most.Create a demand and become the supply.
God,incidentally,is much in demand and does not need any marketing.Then how do you get to be the agency that delivers God Its simple.You make a temple and regulate it! 

A temple in the south of India has different ticket rates available to suit the varying pockets of pilgrims.The very rich need not wait too long in a queue and can meet their God really fast.The lesser mortals have to suffer the long lines.If you are a VVIP,then you can actually enter the sanctum sanctorum,and unlike me,be lucky enough to touch the idol.

We see this,know of this and bear this.A God who has different rules for different people is not your God.Suffering does not take you to God because that is the ultimate fallacy.

Its bizzare really,if you imagine that you come home from school and want to hug your mother but your building watchman thinks that its not a good time.You can only do it when he allows you.If you find this ridiculous,then its equally,or perhaps,more ridiculous that someone should stand between you and the God you love.No one should be able to tell you when you can meet your God and how you can meet your God.If that is happening,then know that you must change.

We have a responsibility to free God from the clutches of the ones who think they have more right on our God than we do.God does not choose to live in a specific place,God does not believe in rituals that you dont understand,God does not speak a language that only a pundit can speak and God certainly does not take siesta in the afternoon! 






source: Vikram Bhatt ,TOI



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Love 4 Bihar on Facebook